Online consumer sales expanded by more than 23% in 2005 to an estimated $142–$172 billion (eMarketer, Inc., 2005a; Shop.org and Forrester Research, 2005).
• The number of individuals online in the United States increased to 175 million in 2005, up from 170 million in 2004 (The total population of the United States is about 300 million.) (eMarketer, Inc., 2005b; U.S. Census Bureau, 2005).
• Of the total 112 million households in the United States, the number online increased to 71 million or 63% of all households (U.S. Census Bureau, 2005; eMarketer, Inc., 2005b; Pew Research Center, 2005).
• On an average day, 70 million people go online. Around 140 million send e-mail, 8 million have created a blog, 4 million share music on peer-to-peer networks, and 3 million use the Internet to rate a person, product, or service (Pew Research Center, 2005; Pew Internet & American Life Project, 2004).
• The number of people who have purchased something online expanded to about 110 million, with additional millions shopping (gathering information) but not purchasing (Pew Research Center, 2005).
• The demographic profile of new online shoppers broadened to become more like ordinary American shoppers (Pew Research Center, 2005; Fallows, 2004).
• B2B e-commerce—use of the Internet for business-to-business commerce— expanded about 30% in 2005 to more than $1.5 trillion (U.S. Department of Commerce, 2005).
• The Internet technology base gained greater depth and power, as more than 42 million households had broadband cable or DSL access to the Internet in 2005—about 38% of all households (eMarketer, Inc., 2005c)
Kepran is an ecommerce development company providing ecommerce solutions expertise in ecommerce development located in e commerce development BangaloreTags: ecommerce development Bangalore